Many US Citizens Are Vaccinated, Is It Safe to Get Cosmetic Treatments?
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused many people to put off having cosmetic treatments done in order to lower their risk of getting sick. With more and more U.S. citizens getting Covid vaccinations now, you might be thinking about finally getting a cosmetic treatment done. Is it safe to have one of these procedures done, or would you be better off waiting just a bit longer? Keep the following in mind when making your decision.
Herd Immunity Hasn’t Been Achieved Yet
While it’s generally safer now compared to a year ago, we still don’t have herd immunity. This means you should still take precautions to keep yourself safe when you leave home. If you decide to get a cosmetic treatment done, make sure you wear a mask to lower the spread of germs. You should also use hand sanitizer to remove germs from your hands, and avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes. If you start feeling ill before your appointment, you should reschedule it for another time. Even if you don’t have Covid, it’s better to be safe and avoid potentially spreading illnesses to others.
Types of Venous Problems
Different types of venous problems can occur due to damaged valves in your blood vessels or other causes. These vein problems can cause you to develop unsightly veins that can lead to self-consciousness. In some cases, these vein problems can cause symptoms, such as discomfort. Common venous problems include varicose veins and spider veins.
Varicose veins are bluish or purplish veins that bulge or have a ropy look. These veins develop when blood accumulates in blood vessels instead of flowing through them. Varicose veins are highly noticeable and can cause soreness, itchiness, swelling, and other symptoms.
Spider veins are dark purple or dark blue veins that have a thin appearance similar to a spider web. These veins usually don’t bulge, but they can cover wide areas in your legs or other parts of your body. Spider veins usually don’t cause discomfort or other symptoms.
Types of Vein Treatments We Offer
We offer different vein treatment options in Manhattan, New York. Our options for varicose veins include the following:
- Laser treatment: This treatment uses a thin laser fiber to close the affected vein.
- Injections: These treatments use liquid chemical agents or medication solutions to seal veins.
- Foam sclerotherapy: This treatment involves injecting a solution into the affected veins to seal them.
- Micro surgery: This involves removing larger varicose veins through small incisions.
Our options for spider veins include the following:
- Sclerotherapy and foam sclerotherapy: These treatments involve injecting a solution into spider veins to seal them.
- Laser treatment: While this is an option, laser treatment usually is not as effective at treating spider veins compared to sclerotherapy.
- Electrocautery: This treatment involves using heat to minimize the appearance of spider veins on the face and nose.
Finding Vein Treatment in Manhattan, NY
If you’re looking into cosmetic treatments for spider veins or other vein problems, please contact Schulman Vein and Laser Center to schedule an appointment. When you come in for your appointment, you can meet our vein physicians in Manhattan, NY to learn more about your options.